Terms & Conditions
Anyone who is experiencing any symptoms related to covid-19 must follow the government guidelines and must NOT visit Grass Hoppers until the recommended isolation period is complete. By purchasing tickets and agreeing to our Terms & Conditions to visit Grass Hoppers you are agreeing that each member of your party is NOT displaying covid-19 symptoms, and are therefore safe to enter.
Following the Government’s recent announcement, we ask that you please do not meet in groups of more than 6 people when visiting Grass Hoppers Indoor & Outdoor Play. Please note Adults must wear masks unless seated or in our outdoor play area.
Grass Hoppers is an unsupervised play area
Rules of play
- Children must be supervised at all times – indoor and outdoor
- Parents or guardians are responsible for their children adhering to social distancing guidelines and we therefore ask parents or guardians to assist their children so as not to overcrowd equipment.
- As the responsible adult we ask you to assess the capabilities of your children and ensure they use age appropriate play equipment safely and responsibly
- Adults may accompany small children on equipment, but care must be taken around other children
- Height and age restrictions are in place for safety reasons and must be adhered to
- Food and drink (including chewing gum) are not permitted on any of the play equipment
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted anywhere in Grass Hoppers
Capabilities and safety
- Children must wear appropriate clothing - ideally legs and arms should be covered to minimise the risk of personal injury. All sharp items should be removed and pockets emptied of loose objects (jewellery, badges, belts etc) before using any play equipment
- Any children who have obvious recent injuries, or are unwell must not visit Grass Hoppers for at least 48 hours after their symptoms have ceased
- We fully expect you will want to capture photos and videos of the child(ren) in your care enjoying themselves whilst at Grass Hoppers. We are aware, however, that some parents or carers may not want images of children in their care taken or shared in a public domain such as on social media. With this in mind, our guidelines recommend you only capture pictures of the child(ren) in your care. If you do have images of other children, we advise that you seek consent from the adult responsible if you intend to publish these in a public domain.
- We reserve the right to restrict or close some area’s in poor weather conditions when we consider this advisable for Health and Safety reasons
- For safety and security, we operate CCTV within the Garden Centre
- All accidents must be reported to a member of staff and recorded in our accident book
- If accidents occur involving vomit, urine or faeces this must be reported to a member of staff immediately
- Fighting, bullying or any behaviour deemed destructive or inappropriate will not be tolerated. Any concerns/incidents should be reported to a member of staff
Food and drink
- You are welcome to bring a picnic to eat in our designated picnic area which will be located in our outdoor playground.
- For safety reasons we ask that only disposable crockery & cutlery is used outdoors.
- Glass bottles are not permitted anywhere within Grass Hoppers
- Alcohol is not permitted
- BBQ’s are not permitted
- Picnics and own food can only be eaten in outdoor areas
Cancellation / Amendment Policy
If you wish to cancel or move your booking, you can do so up to 2 hours before the start of your session by contacting the team by email through email@example.com or by phone 0113 2859750. If you created an account when making your booking you can amend your play session yourself through the My Account section on our booking system here, please speak to a member of the team if you need help.
Track & Trace
Indoor Play Equipment
- Adults may accompany small children, but care must be taken around other children
- Children must not walk up slides, or go on equipment in the opposite direction to which instructed
- Children must play in the age appropriate area’s and adhere to height restrictions
- Parts and play equipment must not be removed from the play frame
- Shoes must be removed, but socks must be worn
Outdoor play equipment
- Adults may accompany small children on the Bouncing Pillows, but care must be taken around other children (max weight 125KG)
- Shoes must be removed, but socks should be worn
- No front flips or somersaults
- No fighting or pushing others
- Must not be used if wet
- At busy times we may limit numbers on at any one time and timed sessions may be in effect
- Adults can accompany small children on the Go Karts
- Only one child per go kart
- Go karts to drive in anti-clock wise direction
- Children should wait for their turn behind the entrance line and exit the track as soon as their ride is finished
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- Only one child at a time to ride on (unless an adult accompanying a small child)
- Children to remain seated – no standing on the seat
- Children to move away from the area once their turn is finished
- No excessive force to be used to push children
Dotty’s Toddler area
- This area is exclusively for under 3’s– older siblings can accompany children if care is taken, but should not use the toys
- Toys must be kept within this area
- Only sand toys / buckets & spades to be taken in the sand pits
- No climbing on water trays
- Adults to ensure children are capable of using this equipment
- Shoes should be worn at all times
Playground and fort
- Children to move away from equipment once they have finished their turn (ie swings, seesaw, rockers)
- Adults to ensure children are capable of using this equipment as there are high levels
Please note we are currently not accepting booking for parties
Grass Hoppers is an unsupervised play area, Grass Hoppers accepts no liability for injuries incurred.
Parents/guardians remain responsible for and must supervise the children in their care at all times. Whether inside or outside, children must be supervised by an adult over 18 years of age who is responsible for their care for the duration of your visit to Grass Hoppers. At no time can children be left in Grass Hoppers unattended.
You will need to pay for minimum number of children (10) on booking, which will be the deposit and this is non-refundable and non-transferable. Final confirmation of numbers and any dietary requirements must be made 7 days prior to your party by phone or email, with the final balance being paid for on the day.
Invitations are included in each package and are available to download from our website or by collecting from Grass Hoppers.
As the party organiser you may arrive 15 minutes before the party is due to start, so that you can decorate your party room and bring in your cake. We also would recommend your party guests arrive 15 minutes early to avoid any delay to the start of your party.
A member of our team will be available throughout your party. They will ensure you have squash available, bring your buffet at the pre agreed time and help with your cake if needed.
Unless you specify otherwise, we will provide plates, napkins and cups. Please let us know what time you would like to serve your food.
You are responsible for ensuring your party room is vacated promptly after your 2 hour session, along with all personal belongings.
If any siblings are accompanying a party guest but not attending the party they will be subject to the normal admission fee for the specific play time and their playtime will need to be booked separately.
We are able to cater for most special dietary requirements, please ensure you advise us of any specific needs at least 7 days before the date of the party.
Adults food platters / drinks available – must order 7 days prior when confirming party.